Owner Controlled Insurance Program
Our Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) keeps your interests in a construction project first and foremost. OCIP can eliminate potential gaps in construction coverage, puts you in control if a claim arises, and gives you power over the deductible.
- Helps eliminate unknown gaps and exposures arising from inadequate insurance provided by contractors.
- Our experienced representatives are on standby to support you.
- Adaptable to changes in the project such as increased values, time period extensions, etc.
- Allows efficient management of phased handovers
- Streamlined interface between construction and handed-over works.
- Direct access to insurers for claims matters.
- Known and fixed insurance cost at the outset
- Municipalities retain control of insurer selection – important for long term projects.
- Streamlines administration – no need to check and re-check contractors’ insurances.
- Not affected by contractor changes as a result of insolvency or contractor removal
Impact on your bottom line
- You choose your deductible.
- Eliminates contractor markup on insurance costs
- Claims monies are paid directly to the municipality.
- Avoids duplication of insurances and can save premium for the project.
insurance [at] abmunis.ca (Contact us) to learn how being in charge can save you money.