Group plan offerings
Our Employee Benefits program was created to meet the needs of our members. We understand our members and we’re here to work with you to design your plan to fit your changing needs.
Employee Benefits plans can support employee health, recruitment and retention strategies, and address absenteeism, presenteeism, and rising costs. Whether you’re looking for basic solutions or a comprehensive, long-term plan—we’re ready to partner with you to meet the complexities of managing employee wellness.
We have solutions for you. clientdevelopment [at] abmunis.ca (subject: Web%20inquiry%3A%20Employee%20benefits) (Talk to us today).
Our offerings include:
- Basic group life
- Dependent life
- Optional employee and spousal life insurance
- We offer many levels of accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and coverage is based on the plan design chosen by each organization.
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Prescription drug coverage
- Emergency out of country medical coverage
- Other items such areas as semi-private hospital, ambulance, and paramedical practitioners
- Vision coverage can include conventional lenses and frames, prescription safety glasses, laser eye surgery, and more
- Basic preventative dentistry
- Major restorative services
- Group critical illness
- Optional voluntary critical illness
- 24/7 support offered in person, over the phone, and online
A Flexible Spending Account is a great addition to your group benefits plan. It gives you choice and flexibility in a benefits package that is customizable to meet your personal health and wellness needs. Employers establish a set credit amount for the Flexible Spending Account. Employees then make a choice every year as to where to allocate credits between two accounts: a Health Spending Account and/or a Personal Spending Account.
- Health Spending Account (Non-taxable)
An HSA is a natural extension of the health and disability solutions you are already offering employees through the core benefits plan. Employees can use allocated credits to pay for a wide variety of health and dental expenses. Expenses are deemed eligible in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency and federal Income Tax Act guidelines. This means that no income tax is deducted from employees’ credits before they are deposited into the account.
- Personal Spending Account (Taxable)
A PSA offers more opportunities for health and wellness outside of the regular benefits plan. It covers a wide range of eligible expenses supporting the mental, physical, and financial well-being of employees and their families. Items offered in a PSA are generally considered a taxable benefit to employees. Reports are provided at year-end to use for payroll-related taxes and deductions, as well as related tax reporting to employees.
Group Accident coverage is available for council members, seasonal employees, municipal volunteers, full-time firefighters, and volunteer firefighters.
General information about our Group Accident Insurance:
Application forms for our Group Accident Insurance: