REMINDER: Nominate community leaders for a QEII Platinum Jubilee Medal
Recognizing the sad passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Alberta Municipalities is honoured to be participating in the Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal awards.
The award is intended to recognize someone who has made outstanding contributions to your community. With your council colleagues, please consider nominating outstanding individuals from your community for a Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal.
To be eligible for the award, your nominee must meet these criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have been alive on February 6, 2022
- Have made significant contributions to Canada or a region of Alberta, community, or field. Examples of areas of significant contribution might include COVID-19, Truth and Reconciliation, diversity, equity and inclusion, or preservation of the environment.
- Be a leader in the community
- Be in good standing with the law and community
Your nomination should be on behalf of your administration and/or council. It needs to be endorsed by your council and/or administration, but a formal motion is not required. You can submit your nominee via our webform until Thursday, October 6, 2022.
The Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal award ceremonies will be conducted in late-November / early-December. Details will be shared once finalized.
With the recent passing of Her Majesty, these awards have taken on a special significance. We look forward to reviewing your nominations and creating a truly memorable awards ceremony.
Should you have any questions, please nominations [at] abmunis.ca (e-mail) us.