Queen's Platinum Jubilee Medal
At the invitation of the Government of Alberta, Alberta Municipalities has agreed to manage nominations and host the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal awards ceremony for outstanding community leaders.
The Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Medal (Alberta) has been created to mark the 70th anniversary of Her Majesty’s accession to the throne as Queen of Canada. To celebrate this historic event, the Medal recognizes outstanding service from Albertans who have dedicated themselves to family, community, and country.
Alberta Municipalities has been allocated 155 medals for our member municipalities to nominate recipients for. In addition, 265 medals will be automatically awarded to all sitting mayors of our member-municipalities. This represents a wonderful opportunity for you to recognize those individuals who have made outstanding contributions to your community.
Complete our online form to submit your nominations. You will receive an acknowledgment e-mail upon clicking the submit button on the form.
The person you are nominating will be eligible for recognition if they meet the following criteria.
Your nominee must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have been alive on February 6, 2022
- Have made significant contributions to Canada or a region of Alberta, community, or field. Examples of areas of significant contribution might include COVID-19, Truth and Reconciliation, diversity, equity and inclusion, or preservation of the environment.
- Be a leader in the community
- Be in good standing with the law and community
Your nomination should be on behalf of your administration and/or council and needs to be endorsed by your council and/or administration, a formal motion is not required. Members will be able to submit nominations until Thursday, October 6, 2022.
The medals will be awarded during at a ceremony or ceremonies in late-November or early-December. Details will be shared once they are finalized.