Munis 101 Session added in Blackfalds
In response to requests from municipalities, EOEP is offering an additional Munis 101 orientation session in Blackfalds on Saturday, Dec. 11, and Sunday, Dec. 12. Register today for this or one of the other sessions being offered across Alberta.
Munis 101 is developed and delivered in partnership with Municipal Affairs to help meet Municipal Government Act (MGA) orientation requirements. As such, CAOs are encouraged to attend so that they can supplement the topics covered with municipal specific information.
Munis 101 is also the foundational course for the Municipal Elected Leaders Certificate, bestowed in partnership with the University of Alberta’s Augustana Extended Education program on councillors who complete all seven EOEP courses.
EOEP is offering in-person Munis 101 courses in adherence to Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) requirements. Anyone attending in-person must show one of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination (both vaccination doses must be administered 14 days prior),
- Proof of negative, privately paid test result within 72 hours of the time and day you are entering the facility, or
- An original medical exemption letter.
Please note, as per REP requirements, copies of medical exemption letters will not be accepted. The original letter must be presented. Results from Alberta Health Services (AHS) tests are not permissible.
EOEP’s refund policy has been updated to reflect that anyone who is feeling unwell or tests positive for COVID is not to attend.
EOEP will also enforce the current mask bylaws in place, which require attendees to always be masked unless consuming food or a beverage at a table.
We thank you, in advance, for your cooperation, and we look forward to welcoming you to one of our in-person or virtual offerings.
EOEP is offering Munis 101 through regional sessions across the province, in addition to sessions at AUMA and RMA’s conventions in November. Based on demand, we are also a virtual session in January.
Register today for the following sessions:
- Whitecourt at the Whitecourt Baptiste Church from 1 to 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 4, and 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, November 5.
- Grande Prairie at Pomeroy Hotel from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 6, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, November 7.
- Bonnyville at the Bonnyville and District Centennial Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 9, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 10.
- Edmonton – as an AUMA pre-convention session at the Edmonton Convention Centre from 1 to 4 p.m. on Monday, November 15, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 16.
- Edmonton – as an RMA pre-convention session at the Edmonton Expo Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday November 22, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on November 23.
- Lethbridge at the Coast Lethbridge Hotel from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 2, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, December 3.
- Strathmore at the Travelodge Strathmore from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, December 6, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 7.
- Three Hills at the Three Hills Community Memorial Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, December 9, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, December 10.
- Blackfalds at the Blackfalds Community Centre from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 11, and 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, December 12.
Registration will soon open an additional session in Blackfalds along with a virtual offering in January 2022.