2022 Spring Municipal Leaders' Caucus
Mayors, Councillors, and CAOs are invited to register for Alberta Municipalities’ Spring 2022 Municipal Leaders’ Caucus being held March 9 and 10 at the Edmonton Convention Centre.
This year’s Caucus is open to municipal elected officials and senior administrators from Alberta municipalities, and is a tremendous opportunity to network and build consensus on key issues affecting your community. Deadline for online registration is Friday, March 4, 2022.
Below is a link to the agenda. Please note, the agenda is subject to change up-to, and including, the event dates.
Please note, all public health orders in place at the time of the event will be followed. Masks will be required during the event, unless you are at a table actively eating or drinking.
Virtual attendees will have access to watch all agenda items live. Eligible virtual attendees will have the ability to vote on Requests for Decisions. There will be no ability for virtual attendees to ask questions during any sessions.
Both the Westin and Courtyard Marriott are offering special rooms rates for our attendees. Rooms are available at both hotels starting at just $199 per night, plus tax and parking. Book today to secure the rates
Requests for Decision (RFDs) at Spring Caucus
RFDs brought forward during Municipal Leaders' Caucus are intended for emerging issues that cannot wait to be debated at Convention in the fall during the resolutions session.
The RFD process is less formal than that of resolutions:
- Members fill out an RFD template and send it, along with proof of council endorsement, to advocacy [at] abmunis.ca by Friday, February 18.
- Proof of endorsement can be as simple as copying and pasting the relevant motion into the body of an email and indicating the date of the council meeting or sending a link to council minutes.
- Unlike resolutions, support from a seconding municipality is not required.
- Alberta Municipalities reviews the RFD and may work with the submitting municipality to ensure it has a clear recommendation and supporting background.
- Submitted RFDs are shared through The Weekly newsletter and an email to registrants about one week before MLC.
- The sponsoring municipality speaks to its RFD, and members in attendance are invited to share their views and ask questions.
- The sponsor may agree to revise the originally proposed action because of the discussion.
- Elected officials of Regular Member municipalities who are registered to attend MLC are eligible to vote.
- Approved RFDs are assigned to one of Alberta Municipalities' standing committees, which then makes recommendations to the Alberta Municipalities.
9797 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton AB T5J1N9
Join us for our first in-person spring Municipal Leaders' Caucus since 2019!
Alberta Municipalities Regular Members: $165
RMA Members (Alberta Municipalities Associate Members): $165
RMA Members (Alberta Municipalities Non-members)*: $215
*Non-member attendees must be an elected official or senior administrator representing an Alberta municipality
All cancellations must submitted via email to email@example.com prior to 11:59 pm MST on March 1, 2022 to be eligible for a full refund, minus a $10 administrative fee.
Any cancellations made after March 1, 2022 will not be eligible for a refund.