Thank you, departing Board members!
Alberta Municipalities’ Board of Directors and administration would like to thank our past Board members who stepped down throughout 2023.
We are extremely grateful to:
- Cathy Heron (Board member since 2015, and President from 2021 to 2023; eight years of service)
- Bruce McLeod (Board member since 2017; six years of service)
- Angela Duncan (Board member since 2018, and Interim President in 2021; five years of service)
- Peter Brown (Board member since 2021; two years of service)
- Mike Pashak (Board member since 2019; four years of service).
With the help of their leadership, ABmunis made great strides towards our goals in advocating for our members and speaking with a unified voice.
In 2021, we stood together and made it known that municipalities should not be the ones having to pay for a retroactive pay increase for RCMP members serving in Alberta. We were also vocal about the poor state of Alberta’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) system and stressed that it did not meet our communities’ needs.
In 2022, we embraced Alberta Municipalities’ new brand and continued advocating strongly for our 265 member communities. Our board members excelled at living our new brand and raising our voice higher than before. We advocated to the provincial and federal governments on a wide array of issues, including public safety and policing, health care and EMS, infrastructure funding, broadband internet service and much more.
Finally, the 2023 Convention and Trade Show was a huge success where we heard from our members again on a wide array of important issues.
Our departing members helped accomplish so much during their time on ABmunis’ Board of Directors. The Board and administration will continue working towards achieving our association's goals in the coming year.