Share your thoughts by July 14 on the Future of Intermunicipal Collaboration
During our recent Summer Municipal Leaders’ Caucus (MLC) sessions, participants provided feedback on draft Recommendations on the Future of Intermunicipal Collaboration.
Themes that emerged during the MLCs included the benefits of taking a regional approach to collaboration, the need to address capacity and power imbalances and the importance of alignment of provincial support for collaboration.
Members have until July 14 to provide additional feedback on the draft recommendations. Please advocacy [at] abmunis.ca (e-mail )us your thoughts, ensuring you type ‘Future of Intermunicipal Collaboration’ in the subject line.
The following questions guided our discussion during the MLC sessions and can help guide your written comments:
- What are your thoughts on the draft recommendations?
- Do they make sense?
- Are any clarifications needed?
- Do portions of the draft report need further discussion? If so, what are they, and what information is needed?
- Do you have concerns about any of the recommendations being included in the report?
- Are any major topics missing in the recommendations? If so, what are they, and why are they important?
Alberta Municipalities will revise the recommendations report based on your feedback and release an updated version in early September. The updated recommendations report will form the basis for engagement with Municipal Affairs, Rural Municipalities of Alberta, and other partners involved in enhancing intermunicipal collaboration efforts.
For more information, visit the Future of Municipal Government project web page.