Recent meeting with Min. Schulz
Alberta Municipalities’ Executive Committee met with Minister of Environment and Protected Areas Rebecca Schulz last week.
The lengthy and wide-ranging conversation focused on municipal priorities, including:
- Water and wastewater infrastructure
- Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR)
- The Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC)
- The Clean Energy Improvement Program (CEIP)
- ABmunis’ 2023 resolution to increase the base starting amount of the Local Government Fiscal Framework to $1.75 billion a year.
We appreciate that Minister Schulz was generous with her time, and we look forward to continuing to engage with her on municipal priorities.