Call for Nominations – Alberta Municipalities Board of Directors
Alberta Municipalities is seeking nominations of qualified candidates to serve on its Board of Directors.
The following positions are scheduled for election in 2023:
• Director, Cities up to 500,000 – two-year term (two to be elected)
• Director, Towns East – two-year term
• Director, Villages West – one-year term (By-election)
• Director, Villages South – two-year term
• Director, Summer Villages – two-year term
• Vice-President and Director, Cities up to 500,000 – one-year term
• Vice-President, Towns – one-year term
• Vice-President, Villages and Summer Villages – one-year term
The deadline for ALL nominations for the 2023 Board elections is 11:59 p.m., Thursday, September 21, 2023.
Alberta Municipalities encourages Elected Officials and Chief Administrative Officers to ensure that all council members are aware of the 2023 nomination deadline.
Elections will take place on Friday, September 29, 2023, at Convention.
Information and Nomination Package
The candidate information and nomination package provides guidelines for determining an individual’s candidacy, as well as the relevant nomination forms and submission instructions.
Please direct any questions about the elections to returningofficer [at] abmunis.ca (Carman McNary), Returning Officer.