Getting ready for EPR Webinar: Registering and what comes afterwards
We invite you to attend a free webinar, where we will cover information on:
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) coming to Alberta
- How your community can participate
- The decisions you need to make
- potential impact on municipalities, and
- provide an opportunity to answer your questions.
Who should attend?
This virtual engagement is open to municipal staff working in solid waste and recycling. Attendance is limited to individuals that are elected to or employed with municipalities that are a Regular Member of ABmunis.
A copy of the presentation will be shared with members after the engagements.
- For your community to be eligible for EPR it must indicate its interest to ARMA through registering with ARMA. This involves answering a questionnaire on your municipality’s current recycling and HHW program on ARMA’s website. This does not mean that you are committing to EPR. It only means that your community remains eligible to make choices.
- Registration with ARMA is open from October
Gabrielle Betts is the Executive Director for EPR with the Alberta Recycling Management Authority