Recording Available: Jan. 5 EPR Municipal Workshop
Alberta Municipalities, in partnership with Rural Municipalities of Alberta and the Recycling Council of Alberta, hosted an Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) workshop on January 5, 2022. More than 150 attendees participated via Zoom. The recording is available on YouTube.
We are pleased to see so many municipal elected officials and staff are interested in EPR. Alberta Environment and Parks’ hosted two municipal engagement sessions in early December 2021, and the ministry has posted questions for this round of engagement on the Government of Alberta Online Engagement portal. The deadline to provide feedback is January 14, 2022.
To learn more about EPR, please visit:
- What We Heard – From Spring 2021 Engagement
- Alberta Municipalities’ Spring 2021 Submission to Alberta Environment and Parks
- Alberta Collaborative Extended Producer Responsibility Study
- Bill 83 – Amendments to the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Amendment Act
- Alberta Natural Gas Vision and Strategy - Circular Plastics Economy
We welcome your feedback on EPR. Please email advocacy [at] abmunis.ca.