Healthy Futures webinar series – webinar recording now available
AUMA, RMA, and the Alberta Policy Coalition for Chronic Disease Prevention (APCCP) are pleased to host a series of educational webinars on using policy to support community health and well-being.
The first webinar, Smoking and vaping: policy options for municipalities, took place on Thursday, February 13, with the following speakers:
- Kayla Atkey, Alberta Policy Coalition for Chronic Disease Prevention
- Les Hagen, Action on Smoking and Health
- Action on Smoking and Health’s Municipal Resource Hub (includes model smoking bylaw)
- Action on Smoking and Health’s School Board Resource Hub (includes model school board tobacco/smoking policy)
- Canadian Student Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Survey showing that 400,000 students in grades 7-12 had vaped in the past 30 days in the 2018/2019 school year
- Study showing “one adult quitter for every 80 youth starters”
- Study showing “kids who vape are four times as likely to start smoking”
To help us improve future webinars and understand how we can support communities in policy development, please take this short, four-question survey.
The second webinar, Health in all policies: the importance and impact of a health-in-all-policies approach for municipalities, takes place from 2 to 3 p.m. on Friday, March 13 (click on the link to register).
You can also save the date for the next two webinars in the series:
- Active Travel – Wednesday, April 8, from 2-3 p.m.
- Healthy Eating – Friday, May 8, from 2-3 p.m.
Keep an on eye on the Digest, as the links to registration for these webinars will be sent out later this month.