Announcing the Not-for-profit Board Development Program
AUMA is thrilled to announce the Board Development Program interactive live webinar series, which will run every Tuesday from October 20 to December 8, 2020, in partnership with the Government of Alberta. The webinar series is free for board members of Alberta’s not-for-profit organizations. It will provide basic board governance knowledge, skills, information, and tools to be successful in your work.
This summer, we introduced you to Michele Aasgard, Director, Client Development – Not-for-profits, as part of our commitment to:
- deepening partnerships with our members;
- developing a resource hub for not-for-profits; and
- enhancing the business services we offer you.
This series of professional development webinars demonstrates that commitment.
The series will be hosted by AUMA and consist of eight one-and-a-half hour interactive sessions on topics presented by the staff of the Community Development Unit of the Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women.
Participants can register for as many sessions that they would like, to a maximum of 100 participants per webinar. The topic schedule is as follows:
- October 20: Understanding Your Legal Landscape
- October 27: Board Roles and Responsibilities
- November 3: Legal Responsibilities
- November 10: Organizational Purpose and Planning
- November 17: Financial Responsibilities
- November 24: Risk Management
- December 1: Committees and Meetings
- December 8: Building a Strong Team and Effective Relationships