Permanent Full-Time Instructor
The Town of Ponoka has an immediate opening for a Permanent Full-time Instructor at the Ponoka Aquaplex. The Instructor participates in the delivery of the aquatic programs and provide “on deck” supervision of the pool area.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lifeguard and instruct special events and programs including fitness classes in a positive and professional manner;
- Perform lead hand duties including assigning work tasks to other instructors and report any workplace concerns to the Aquaplex Operator or Head Guard;
- Participate in the daily operation and maintenance of the facility and assign tasks as needed; and
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance and chemical additions as required.
To be effective in this role, applicants require the following knowledge, skills, experience and current certification:
- Knowledge of swimming instruction techniques including specialized areas such as special needs, pre-school and Lifesaving;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Microsoft Office computer knowledge and experience;
- National Lifeguard Pool Option (NL) or Red Cross Lifeguarding Certification;
- Standard First Aid/Aquatics Emergency Care Certification;
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI);
- Lifesaving Instructor/ Examiner Certification (LSI); and
- Class 5 Driver’s license.
The following courses must be obtained within 6 months of the hire date:
- Water Exercise Instructor Certification;
- Pool Operator 1 Certification.
Salary: As per AUPE agreement, Class 8 $18.61 to $21.61 plus shift differentials. Position participates in LAPP and health and dental benefit plans.
Hours of Work: The position will be scheduled for 80 hours biweekly and incumbent will be required to work both day and evening shifts.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Record, a Vulnerable Sector Check, and a Driver’s Abstract.
All Town of Ponoka employees have a responsibility to adhere to the Town’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Applicants are asked to apply through the Town of Ponoka website Careers page:https://www.ponoka.ca/careers.