Parks & Facility Supervisor
Temporary Full-time – 1 year to cover for Maternity Leave
We are hiring a remarkable Parks & Facilities Supervisor to join our vibrant team at the Town of Crossfield in Alberta. Growing your career as a Temporary Full Time Parks & Facilities Supervisor (1 year) is a terrific opportunity to develop exceptional skills. If you are strong in people management, presentation and have the right experience for the job, then apply for the position of Parks & Facilities Supervisor at the Town of Crossfield today!
Under the general direction of the Director of Community and Protective Services, the Parks & Facilities Supervisor is a supervisory position which plans, schedules, directs, and oversees the efficient maintenance, repair of trails and facilities in a complex network of parks. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check and provide a current driver’s abstract in order to work in this position.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
People working in this role can expect to be responsible for performing the following duties. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and other related duties similar in scope and complexity may be performed.
- Provides leadership, supervision and direction and detailed project management and planning of Park initiatives and projects.
- Directly responsible for project management, project planning, and project direction including resource allocation, project timelines and priorities, and scheduling activities related to park operations.
- Directs and supervises the temporary staff and resources required to carry out the maintenance and development requirements for trails and facilities.
- Prepares, drafts, reviews, and makes recommendations on annual operating plans and annual infrastructure fund projects.
- Provides leadership, direction, and guidance to Temporary Operations field staff, and contributes to the Park Services’ team to meet the objectives identified in the Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan. Develops standards, specifications, and Best Management Practices for park operations.
- Provides project reports, presentations, briefing notes and project summaries as required.
- Plans, organizes, prioritizes, and assigns duties to ensure projects and maintenance activities are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Ensures all work is performed according to Occupational Health and Safety regulations, Town policies and Town Parks’ policies and guidelines.
- Reports unsafe work activities or conditions to the Director and takes appropriate remedial action immediately.
- Directs and supervises the implementation of preventative maintenance schedules and relevant budgets.
- Oversees budget expenditures for Operations accounts and ensures expenditures are appropriate and within established limits.
- Monitors and reports expenditures relative to assigned plans and budgets and orders/purchases materials and supplies.
- Assists with the development of operational objectives and long-range plans.
- Maintains accurate records related to work activities and operations.
- Hires, directs, and supervises contract services and all Temporary staff to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Prepares annual work plans for Temporary Parks staff in consultation with the Director.
- Recruits and orients staff in consultation with the Director.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and standards of the Town.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have minimum 2 years’ experience, preferably in a municipal or other government setting with previous parks experience
- Class 3 Driver’s License with Q endorsement/Airbrakes would be an asset.
- Equipment operator training, specific training as required, i.e. Playground Maintenance, Building Maintenance, etc.;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- AARFP Swimming Pool Operator Level I certification preferred (for splash park operation);
- AARFP certificates for Parks & Sportsfield Operator Levels I & II are considered an asset;
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Type: Temporary Full-Time – 1 Year Maternity Leave
Submit resumes with cover letter to:
Town of Crossfield: Sue Keenan
Chief Administrative Officer
PO Box 500 - 1005 Ross Street
Town of Crossfield, AB T0M 0S0