Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance, the Office Administrator is a diverse role in supporting the operations of Alberta Municipalities. This role is responsible for reception duties, managing incoming and outgoing mail, posting and invoicing of Job Ads, daily listing of all cheques received for all entities, liaising with building management and ordering of office supplies. Amongst managing the daily operations of the front desk, the incumbent is the first point of contact with all employees, customers, Board members, government officials and guests of Alberta Municipalities on a regular basis through all methods of communication.
Practical / Technical Knowledge
- Minimum High School Diploma: a post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a reception or administrative role in a busy office setting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
Planning, Organizing and Integrating
- Highly organized, detail-oriented team player with a positive and get it done attitude, that follows through with their commitments.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and work concurrently on a variety of projects.
Communicating and Influencing Skills
- Ability to work with elected officials, government, media and staff.
- Ability to deal appropriately with difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - oral, written, and presentation.
First Point of Contact
- Represent the image of Alberta Municipalities as the first point of contact via in-person, telephone and e-mail.
- Efficiently and effectively handle incoming calls, transfers and voicemails. Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Receiving clients to the building in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing FOBs as needed.
- Onboards new hires with FOB’s and parking tags.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Distribute the approved electronic communications to members and stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner (e.g., media releases, member notices).
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Manage member inquiries and follow up where required.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Ensure incoming and outgoing mail is processed and delivered daily.
- Request courier services as required.
- Responsible for coordination of large mail-outs with departmental leads.
- Monitor meeting room bookings and assist with setup and support of equipment for meetings.
- Maintain tidiness and organization of the copier room.
- Responsible for selection of meals, ordering and coordination of all catering set-up and take down.
- Prepare Boardroom kitchen for meetings and ensure enough supplies are always available.
- Ordering, distribution, organization and storage of office and coffee supplies.
- Monitor and coordinate appliance repairs (fridges, dishwashers, etc.).
- Train and support all reception relief staff.
- Building management and janitorial services liaison.
- Verify, review and code all reception invoices.
- Sort, list and apply cheques received to appropriate entity for Accounts Receivable.
- Assist with administration of the P-Card expense system.
- handling of card requests and other program inquiries received from employees and member participants.
- sending out monthly invoice packages to members.
- monitoring credit balance during the month.
- Administer Job Postings sales process.
- Tracking job posting requests for Finance reporting purposes.
- Creating invoices in Sage and sending to members on a timely basis.
- Making collection calls as necessary on outstanding job posting invoices.
- Assist with Annual Membership Renewal invoicing process!
- Provide other support to finance team as requested.
- Post all job and e-classified positions as requested by our members.
- Communicate with municipalities regarding posting and removing job ads.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]