The Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission (ACRWC) is an ISO 14001 registered regional services commission providing wastewater transmission and treatment services to over 300,000 people in 13 municipalities surrounding the City of Edmonton. The ACRWC owns and operates 200 km of wastewater transmission lines, 5 pumping stations, and a modern state of the art wastewater treatment plant. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, cost efficient and environmentally responsible wastewater transmission and treatment service. The ACRWC Laboratory is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited facility located near the North Saskatchewan River just north of Sherwood Park, AB.
As a Laboratory Supervisor and a member of the Regulatory Service Department, your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and direct activities of Lab Techs including recommendations for hiring and promotions, performance evaluation, coaching and training needs assessment.
- Ensure corporate policies are followed
- Participate in the preparation of lab budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Manage and maintain ISO 17025 lab accreditation.
- Develop and maintain lab systems for: regulatory, process and Source Control analysis, data recording, reporting and tracking; equipment calibration; procurement of goods and services; and record keeping.
- Perform regulatory and process analysis on wastewater and bio-solids per laboratory procedures and Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, and record and interpret data as required.
- Quality Analysis/Quality Control Officer
- Bio-safety Officer
- Assist with organizational regulatory reporting activities.
- Provide related technical reports, presentations and support to various internal and external parties.
- Liaise with ACRWC vendors such as CALA and other goods and services providers.
- Maintain portable gas detection program
Previous experience working in the wastewater industry would be considered be an asset.
Applicants require a relevant chemistry degree or chemical technology diploma. A minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a comparable facility. The successful candidate must be well organized and effectively manage shifting priorities. This position is a permanent full-time position. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
We offer a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits, defined pension plan, compressed work week, training and an attractive working environment.
For more information regarding the ACRWC please visit our website at www.acrwc.ab.ca
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please submit your resume by e-mail by October 2, 2022 to Paul Krueger at firstname.lastname@example.org.