HR Specialist - Learning & Development
Centrally located between Alberta’s two largest cities with over 100km of beautiful trails within Red Deer City Limits our city has a lot to offer. The City of Red Deer is always on the hunt for talented and success driven people. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace.
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting to fill the permanent full-time position of HR Specialist – Learning & Development for our Human Resources department. The Learning and Development Specialist is responsible for conducting needs assessments, development of learning programs, administration, coordination, delivery and measurement of leadership and other learning programs to support The City’s strategic plan.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
- Post-secondary education or certification in Human Resources, Education or related fields.
- Certificate in Adult Education, Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) or Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP), CPHR designation are assets.
- Supplemental training or education in diversity and inclusion an asset.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Specialty facilitation certifications are an asset e.g., crucial conversations; MBTI; Situational Leadership II, and other.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the development and implementation of learning and development strategies and programs, particularly leadership learning and development.
- Practical experience designing and/or implementing diversity and inclusion programs preferred.
- Experience in change management and organizational culture initiatives.
- Previous project management experience in delivering learning programs and initiatives.
- Proven proficiency facilitating face to face and virtual instructor led training sessions, including associated technology.
- Experience creating training material that is learner driven and experiential based.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of The City and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to evaluate and research learning options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement learning programs.
- Strong facilitation, content creation and written skills to effectively deliver impactful content to a diverse audience at all levels.
- A commitment to anti-racism, equity, diversity, inclusion and truth and reconciliation.
- Experience in developing diversity and inclusion initiatives and training preferred.
- Highly developed collaboration, partnership and alliance building skills and an established capacity to engage in and facilitate focused conversations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a professional team.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience working with Learning Management Systems
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive hourly wage of $42.26 to $52.82 per hour ($82,720 to $103,400 salary) and an excellent benefit package; we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with the City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever-growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
We welcome applications until June 16 2023
For further information or to apply, please visit our website at www.reddeer.ca/careers
Applicants not contacted are thanked for their interest.