With a population of approximately 15,800, Cold Lake is a city that offers a wealth of excitement, adventure and entertainment for all in any season. Hugging the southern shores of Alberta’s seventh largest lake, this recreational paradise can be accessed in summer and winter through western Canada’s largest inland marina. New housing, excellent educational facilities, a multipurpose recreational facility and a college are just a few of the highlights that truly make Cold Lake a community of choice.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
The City of Cold Lake is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assume the full-time, permanent position of Finance Manager within the Corporate Services Department.
Reporting to the General Manager of Corporate Services, the Finance Manager is accountable for all financial functions inclusive of the City of Cold Lake’s budget, year-end, general ledger, costing, accounts payable and receivable, taxation, assessments, utilities accounts, and customer service. The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of supervision of the Finance Department, promoting a positive and safe working environment and all City’s financial accounting, reporting, and policy interpretation. This position will ensure that all processes and procedures are administered correctly and consistently in accordance to all bylaws and legislation. The greatest challenge to this position is to successfully manage multiple projects on extremely tight and inflexible deadlines. This position works with multiple systems and all departments across the entire City of Cold Lake. The successful candidate must be able to remain open-minded and positive, while having the ability to adapt to changes on the basis of new information or direction and also be trustworthy, be able to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information, and display exemplary attention to detail.
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Accounting;
- 5 years’ experience at a senior level, preferred 2-3 years in a Municipal Government setting;
- Completion of Accounting Designation;
- National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), and the Municipal Government Act (MGA);
- Strong supervisory skills with demonstrated ability to successfully lead and mentor a team;
- Exceptional computer skills are a necessity;
- A strong customer service skills with a keen interest in assisting others;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
- Proficient communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills are vital;
The City of Cold Lake provides a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, including an exceptional benefits plan, pension plan, and a variety of developmental opportunities. Relocation support will be provided.
Interested candidates, please submit a detailed resume including qualifications and past and present work experience. Please include a cover letter describing your experience and abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications, and copies of any relevant certifications. The City of Cold Lake appreciates receiving applications from all qualified individuals; however only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. This competition will remain open until October 9, 2022.