The Town of Redwater is situated just 35 minutes northeast of Edmonton and borders the Alberta Industrial Heartland, this community is poised for significant growth. Redwater offers great recreation, culture, education and health care to the area residents. Visit our website to learn more about our great community: www.redwater.ca.
As a result of an internal promotion, there is a vacancy in the Finance Manager position. Reporting to the Corporate Services General Manager, the Finance Manager is responsible for financial management support of the municipality, acting as a key advisor to the Leadership Team and Council. The key responsibility areas are payroll, municipal taxation, utilities, accounts payable and Information Technology and provides support, analysis and advice for financial operations and controls.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Key advisor to Leadership and Council for human resources, legislation and policies.
- Ensuring and maintaining the integrity and security of personnel and payroll systems.
- Supervision of the accurate and timely maintenance of the tax and assessment roll.
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of tax rates.
- Administering all tax recovery processes in accordance with the Municipal Government Act.
- Supervision of the accurate and timely maintenance of the utility and accounts payable functions.
- Completion of monthly bank reconciliations, GST and Carbon Tax returns.
- Assisting with annual budget preparation, year-end working papers and annual audit.
- Liaison with IT consultants, including computer maintenance, including installation of software upgrades and basic troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Business or Public Administration.
- Chartered Professional Accounting Designation or significant progress in CPA PEP program.
- Experience with payroll, accounts payable and receivable and Information Technology.
- Comprehensive knowledge and proficiency with computer systems, hardware and software.
- Comprehensive experience with accounting software, experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Diamond is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Local Government experience is an asset.
A detailed position description is available on our website: https://www.redwater.ca/p/employment-opportunities
The Town of Redwater provides an excellent salary and benefit package. Salary range for this position is based on level of education and experience.
Deadline for submissions of resumes is noon September 29, 2023.
The Town of Redwater thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your resume and three work related references to:
Diane Pysmeny, Corporate Services General Manager Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
Email: [email protected] Fax: (780)942-4321 Ph: (780)942-3519