Executive Assistant – Legislative Services
The Executive Assistant – Legislative Services provides administrative support for the Reeve and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), and the Manager of Legislative Services. Of prime importance is support for governance functions, such as Council and Governance and Priorities Committee (GPC) meeting agendas, minutes, and follow-up correspondence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the CAO and Manager of Legislative Services as requested and required, including research and preparation of correspondence and reports.
- Ensures timely and accurate preparation of agendas for Council, GPC, and Executive Leadership Team meetings, including issuing meeting notices in accordance with legislation and County bylaw/policy.
- Coordinates scheduling of delegations to Council and Committee meetings and provides information to the public regarding participation procedures.
- Ensures public hearings are held in accordance with legislation and County bylaw/policy.
- Attends meetings of the Agendas Committee, GPC, Council, and other Boards and Committees as requested.
- Assists with corporate records management as requested and required, including maintaining bylaw, policy, and minute registers and ensures archived documents are secure. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an office administrative role, preferably in a local government setting
- Demonstrated experience providing support to senior/executive staff and Council in a confidential capacity
- Experience with preparation of agendas and minute-taking
- Demonstrated awareness of who the customer is, both internal and external
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act, Local Authorities Election Act Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Willingness to achieve FOIP certification.
- Position Type: Full-Time permanent (35 hours/week)
- Hours of work: Monday – Friday, occasional weekends and evenings required.
- Salary Range will be discussed with potential candidate.
More detailed position profiles are available on the County website at
Beaver County is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to a non-smoking policy in its working environment. Beaver County also has a comprehensive and active safety program. Drivers abstract will be required for successful applicants.
Beaver County thanks all applicants for your interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date: July 22, 2022