Director, Information Technology Services
Imagine your career with Strathcona County! As the Director, Information Technology Services you would be responsible for leading, managing and directing our dynamic Information Technology Department to support Strathcona County’s Strategic Plan and its commitment to excellence in municipal government and customer service. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team your vision will help drive the future by providing expert advice to the Executive Team and Council while working collaboratively to develop a forward-thinking and innovative approach to IT service delivery and solutions.
- Provide senior leadership of the Information Technology Services Department for the purpose of aligning services and programs across the Organization and with the Corporate Strategic Plan and supporting the County's vision.
- Design, implement and evaluate IT services and business solutions to support Strathcona County’s Strategic Plan
- Provide expertise, guidance, and recommendations to the organization in all areas of Information Technology both with using both a short- and long-term lens.
- Ensure widespread consultation, collaboration, and partnerships with all Departments to provide frameworks and policies which effectively meet the organization’s information and technology needs.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Department’s business plan to ensure IT programs and services align with Strathcona County’s strategic direction and corporate business plans.
- Provide excellence in leadership that establishes and maintains a highly engaged and effective team across the Information Technology Services
- Provide mentorship, coaching and evaluation to direct reports and encourage successors.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, implement, maintain and update IT systems to meet the County’s current and future business needs.
- Lead the Information Technology Services management team in determining strategic priorities, program objectives and policy recommendations.
- Promote and enable innovative methods and tools for staff to develop new and better ways to deliver IT services, develop business solutions, increase efficiency, boost productivity, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Provide oversight to branch operational planning, ensuring alignment and team understanding, including oversight into the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Information Technology Services projects and County-wide initiatives.
- Guide the development of budgets, monitoring and managing financial resources and reviewing and reporting departmental performance measures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate IT systems, processes, and procedures for measuring and managing department performance and delivering high-quality service to customers.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven excellent leadership skills including the ability to collectively create a vision of the future, provide motivational direction to obtain clearly defined goals, influence, persuade, and garner commitment.
- Exceptional management skills that guide and inspire the team.
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to assess complex or sensitive situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make difficult decisions when required.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify the need and opportunities for change, and develop and implement new programs, procedures, services, and policies that address emerging needs, expectations, and operational priorities.
- Ability to act as a business change agent using technology as an innovator to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and business transformation in the County.
- Strong political and business acumen as well as organizational savvy. Ability to help Council and Executive Team to resolve politically sensitive issues.
- Possess strong strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to positively influence others and earn trust and cooperation.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a variety of projects and initiatives simultaneously and meet tight timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing science, Business Administration, or a related field
- Senior level management experience with 10 or more years of experience in the fields of information technology and information management, preferably in the public sector
- Geographic Information Systems experience considered an asset.
- Proven leadership and management fundamentals with strong teambuilding abilities
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Considerable knowledge of planning and reporting processes, business planning and fiscal frameworks and financial management/planning best practices
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
In addition to providing a dynamic work environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of education and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Please apply on our website: Director, Information Technology Services - Strathcona County Careers (oraclecloud.com)