The Town of Coalhurst is currently accepting applications for the full time permanent position of Development Officer.
This position is responsible for efficiently and effectively processing and considering development and construction permit applications, development and planning related submissions, including compliance certificates, and providing information and advice in response to inquiries regarding development control and land use regulation. It involves working with the general public, residents, developers, Council, other municipalities and staff and serving as Secretary to the Municipal Subdivision and Development Authority.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Land Use Planning, Urban and Rural Development, Human Geography or related disciplines or a combination of equivalent education experiences, desired.
- Preferable to have two (2) years of related experience, or a combination of academic and work experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, customer service and interpersonal verbal and written skills.
- General knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Possess skills required to operate computer systems software and related applications including word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and assignments.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
The Town of Coalhurst offers a competitive salary, dependent upon qualifications and experience, including a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, in confidence, by mail or e-mail, stating “Development Officer” to:
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Coalhurst
Coalhurst, Alberta T0L 0V0
Telephone: (403) 381-3033 E-mail: [email protected]
Posting will remain open to 4:30PM on Friday April 14th, 2023 or until a suitable candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.