Corporate Strategy Officer
Cochrane is located in the breathtaking Bow Valley corridor in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in southern Alberta. With a population of over 35,000 people, and growing steadily every year, Cochrane is a thriving town, surrounded by world-famous ranch country. Our western heritage is reflected in the Town’s architecture and our friendly people. The Town of Cochrane welcomes innovative and skilled individuals to join our team of over 250 employees.
Cochrane is excited to recruit for the position of Corporate Strategy Officer. Our Organizational Strategy and Culture section is looking for innovative and skilled individual to join our team!
Why should you consider working for us?
Our employees enjoy many benefits including competitive public sector pay, comprehensive health and dental benefits package, professional learning and development opportunities and the opportunity to work with other talented municipal professionals. We are passionate about our community, and it shows in our everyday work.
As an organization, the Town of Cochrane has a focus on investing in people. This is not a boring municipality. We are growing into an organization with a focus on transparency, critical thinking, curiosity, reflection, and innovation. We support experimentation as part of the growth process and strive for continuous improvement. We are municipal employees, and we are accountable to all the residents of the Town of Cochrane. Want to be a part of this exciting time?
What is a Corporate Strategy Officer in Cochrane?
Reporting to the Director, Organizational Strategy and Culture, the Corporate Strategy Officer will advance the strategic goals that underpin Council’s vision through relationships, advice and strategies that furthers Cochrane’s stakeholders.
This position will support and contribute to the overall corporate culture, mission, vision, and values through demonstrating corporate leadership competencies and strategic change management
If you want to make a difference in our community and have a post-secondary degree in a related field with significant experience in an equitable level position, we welcome your application for our Corporate Strategy Officer position.
As the Job Title, you will:
- Key initiative is to operationalize the Cochrane Strategic Plan through the development of business plans with individual departments. Facilitating meetings and discussions with decision-makers, utilizing strategic knowledge, and understanding of Council priorities and organizational knowledge in a manner that creates excitement, credibility, and trust.
- Research, monitors, and develops strategies and tactics aimed at influencing intergovernmental initiatives.
- Manages strategy initiatives with sound judgment and applies collaborative and facilitative skills to draw upon expertise from across the organization.
- Liaise with Town of Cochrane STAR team on the planning, development, and implementation of corporate strategies.
- Assess initiatives and opportunities for the organization as a whole and recommend actions that have the greatest impact on achieving organizational objectives. Partner with departments to help clearly define their desired results and recommend approaches that will achieve the organizational success and attainment of measurable outcomes.
- Work with the organization in the preparation phase to determine the return value and state of readiness for proposed initiatives. Support business units through change activities in for faster adoption, greater utilization, and higher proficiency.
- Provides input on future focused workforce planning to ensure capacity to achieve stated objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise and recommendations to the Director, Organizational Strategy and Culture to assist in guiding corporate strategy conversations.
- Ensures the development of service levels and projects are carried out on a priority basis with concern for Council and community priorities, operational requirements, and determined timelines in alignment with the Cochrane Strategic Plan.
- Ensures policies and legislative requirements of the municipality are implemented and aligned with Administrative and Council priorities according to the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and related applicable legislation.
- Demonstrates a commitment to role modelling our corporate culture, mission, vision, and values established by the organization.
- Develop and foster professional, effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Design meaningful measures for organizational objectives; monitor and report on the progress of initiative execution and continuous improvement towards results.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Knowledge and experience in project management and operationalizing strategies.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Ability to build strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to easily assimilate written and verbal communication across all levels of an organization.
- Motivated, flexible, self-starter with demonstrated ability of achieving performance objectives and business goals.
- Exceptional professional relationship building skills to quickly establish credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize relevant information for strategic planning and decision making.
Cochrane is committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment for all employees. As a Cochrane employee, you must take reasonable care to protect your health and safety and that of others present at Municipal worksites, perform work safely, follow all relevant health and safety legislation, directives and procedures and attend all identified orientations and training.
Still interested? Here’s how to apply:
- Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit your resume, and a letter stating how your experience match the required qualifications, skills and abilities for this position.
- All qualified candidates will be requested to complete an online suitability survey
- Applications for this position will be accepted until 9pm MST on August 14th, 2022 at www.cochrane.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada.
In the spirit of reconciliation, we acknowledge that we live, work and play on the traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika, Kainai, Piikani), the Tsuut’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Métis Nation (Region 3), and all people who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta.