Corporate Strategy Advisor
CORPORATE STRATEGY ADVISOR
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Corporate Strategy
Number Of Positions: 1
Min Salary: $94,341.00/Year
Max Salary: $117,916.50/Year
As one of the fastest growing cities in Alberta, the City of Airdrie is a recognized leader in building a vibrant and sustainable community through innovation.
At the City of Airdrie, incredible opportunities happen every day in a flexible work environment that is tailored to each department. Our inclusive culture and values create a workplace where we welcome aspiring, driven and creative individuals to help us accomplish our business and community goals. We are supportive of one another, and we have fun while we serve our community. We are passionate about improving the lives of our residents through care and respect; that is the foundation of our organization. At the City of Airdrie, we learn, grow and accomplish great things together.
If you have a passion for building a better community and are ready to join the excitement, we’d love to hear from you!
The Corporate Strategy Advisor will be one of a team of Advisors who work with senior leadership and team leaders to design, develop and execute the organization’s strategic plan. The unit currently works in a business partner model with assigned directorates.
- Facilitate strategic and service planning with senior leadership, managers and team leaders
- Coordinate Priority Owner Teams to effectively plan, sequence, execute and report on Council’s strategic priorities
- Create strategic plans and roadmaps for the organization
- Assist the business in defining their outcomes and what success looks like
- Design meaningful measures for organizational objectives
- Assess initiatives and opportunities for the organization as a whole
- Recommend actions that have the greatest impact to achieve organizational objectives
- Monitor and report on the progress of initiative execution and service targets
- Monitor the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan
- Intake and prepare business cases for new cross-departmental initiatives
- Work with leadership to analyze gaps and plan actions to move business goals forward
As the Corporate Strategy Advisor, you will provide strategic advice and counsel to your clients regarding their business objectives. In addition to your influencing capabilities, you will also bring the following:
- Degree in Business, Organizational Effectiveness, Leadership or a related discipline will be considered an asset
- 8+ years’ cumulative experience in strategic planning, organizational effectiveness, business analysis, project/portfolio management, facilitation and an understanding of change management
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of strategic planning principles, methodologies and tools
- Must possess the ability to facilitate working groups and training sessions with strong presentation and training skills
- Ability to facilitate complex discussions with varying opinions, applying awareness of cultural and political climate undertones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with non-technology business change initiatives
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the "Big Picture" within a complex, multi-faceted organization
- Ability to synthesize information from many sources to develop recommendations
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills; ability to develop positive relationships with leadership, managers and employees
- Municipal experience an asset
- A sense of humour would be a welcomed attribute
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, this position also includes:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- First-in-class pension plan
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This full time position (37.5 hours per week) includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca