Community Wellness & Volunteer Administrator (Part-time/Permanent - On-site)
People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic, and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the
community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centers assists us in providing exceptional customer service. The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high-performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Wellness & Volunteer Administrator to join our team on a Part-time Permanent basis to provide general administrative support to the Community Wellness business center and administering the volunteer services program. Reporting to the Community Wellness Manager, the Community Wellness & Volunteer Administrator is responsible for:
- Administering day to day operation of the Volunteer Services Program including volunteer recruitment, interviewing, reference and CRC verification, referral, recognition, database and maintenance.
- Collaborating with Business Centers that utilize volunteers to ensure effective volunteer management and risk mitigation practices are in place.
- Acting as a recording secretary for FCSS meetings.
- Maintaining databases and records management.
- Creating or modifying standardized documents.
- Supporting calendars, meetings and event coordination.
- Providing backup support for other administrative roles.
- Conducting research to support best practices for the Volunteer Services Program.
- Promoting Community Wellness Activities in a professional and positive manner.
What You Bring:
To be successful in this position you must possess:
- A degree or diploma in a related field or an equivalent mix of formal training and experience.
- 3 or more years related work experience representing continuous learning.
- Experience administering Volunteer Programs would be an asset.
- Experience in administration, forms, agenda’s, minutes is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required including, strong oral & written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of the community’s resources and services are necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and databases.
- Experience collaborating with volunteers is an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefit and pension plans
- Career development
- Flexible work schedule
- So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position.
Business Centre Community Growth, Investment & Sustainability
Position Type Part-time (20 hours a week)
Compensation $31.67 - $34.90 hourly
Hours of Work 20 hours per week
Number of Openings 1
Work Location On-site
Drivers Abstract Required No
Police Record Check
Yes, with vulnerable sector.
Deadline to Apply June 11, 2023