Community Resource Specialist – Neighborhoods & Community (On-site)
People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic, and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy.
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centers assists us in providing exceptional customer service. The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high-performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Resource Specialist – Neighborhoods & Community to join our team to create, develop and implement initiatives to enhance community social wellness, neighborhood and community connections, while engaging and collaborating with local service providers and other business centers to implement community development initiatives. Reporting to the Community Wellness Manager, the Community Resource Specialist. Neighborhoods & Community is responsible for:
- Maintaining, creating, and implementing neighborhood and community development initiatives.
- Building relationships with local service providers to support a connected and cohesive community.
- Engaging and collaborating with community agencies and other business centers.
- Working closely with stakeholders to strengthen existing partnerships, and developing other social service, private sector and government partnerships.
- Designing community, neighborhood and older adult initiatives using logic models, outcomes measures and indicators, and presentations.
- Researching needs for programming and providing recommendations on implementation plans.
- Continuously researching and maintaining awareness of legislative changes and industry best practices.
- Promoting Community Wellness initiatives in a professional and positive manner.
What You Bring:
To be successful in this position you must possess:
- A degree or diploma in a Human Services related field or an equivalent mix of formal training and experience.
- 3 or more years related work experience representing continuous learning. Experience working with older adults and/or community engagement preferred.
- Strong knowledge of local and regional community resources and programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication, networking, conflict resolution, time management and facilitation skills.
- Experience with outcomes data, data collection and reporting an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and databases.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefit and pension plans
- Career development
- Flexible work schedule
- So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position.
Business Centre Community Growth, Investment & Sustainability
Position Type Full-time permanent
Compensation $69,372 - $76,844 annually
Hours of Work 37.5 hours per week
Number of Openings 1
Work Location On-site
Drivers Abstract Required No
Police Record Check
Yes, with vulnerable sector.
Deadline to Apply June 11, 2023