Chief Administrative Officer - Maternity 12-Month Leave Position
Date Posted: August 1, 2022
Employment Term: Full-Time Temporary
Start Date: December 1, 2022
The Village of Innisfree is currently seeking applications for a Temporary Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) for a 12-month maternity leave.
The Village of Innisfree is a small community in east central Alberta. Innisfree is located on Highway 16 (Yellowhead Highway) halfway between the larger towns of Vegreville and Vermilion, approximately 145km east of Edmonton.
The Village has a current population of 187 living in 124 residences according to the 2021 Canadian Census. The Village is home to Delnorte School which services Grades K-12. The school serves the Village and the surrounding rural area.
The Village is home to approximately 12 businesses ranging from a major highway rest stop on Highway 16 to local businesses such as a hair salon and restaurants.
The Village of Innisfree is also home to the Birch Lake Campground and Recreation Park located 2 kms south of Highway 16 along Secondary Highway 870 (50520 - Hwy 870) on Birch Lake.
Visit our website at: www.innisfree.ca.
This position reports to Council and is responsible for providing overall administration of the Village and ensuring the effective utilization of the financial and administrative resources. The CAO position is supported by Council, a part-time Administrative Assistant, and a full-time Public Works staff. As the principal advisor to Council, the CAO is responsible for providing all relevant and necessary information to make informed decisions, along with providing leadership for planning and executing a strategic vision that meets the current and future needs of the Village. Guided by the Municipalities Act – Duties of Administrators, the work the CAO does is broad and requires a willingness to perform a variety of tasks including:
- Administering and coordinating personnel and facilities for the effective delivery of government services and programs,
- Bookkeeping and Accounting – including bank reconciliations, payroll, financial statements, and budget preparation,
- Preparation and processing of various billings and fillings – including utility bills, GST returns, taxes, and assessment,
- Grant research and writing,
- Bylaw writing and interpretation,
- General record keeping/minute taking,
- Preparation of various other reports and documents,
- Social Media Communication – Website, Facebook, etc.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- A certificate in Local Government Administration or equivalent,
- Accounting Certification or equivalent experience,
- Proven administrative experience with knowledge of office management,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
- Experience with MuniSight (MuniWare) Municipal Software is an asset,
- Work well independently and within a team environment,
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work,
- Strong organizational skills,
- Keen attention to detail and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preference may be given to those applicants with two (2) or more years experience in urban municipal administration.
Council would like the successful candidate to train for approximately 4-8 weeks with the CAO prior to her maternity leave, depending on education and experience.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, detailed resume including references, anticipated start date, and salary expectations to the address indicated below.
For further information you may call CAO Brooke Magosse at 780-592-3886.
Village of Innisfree
Attention: Mayor & Council
Innisfree, AB T0B 2G0
Fax: (780) 592-3886
Subject should read: “CAO Maternity Leave Position”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.