Asset Management Specialist - Terms (18 months)
ASSET MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – TERMS (18 MONTHS)
Position ID: J0122-0112
Job Type: Term Full Time
Department: Asset Management
Number of Positions: 2
Closing Date: January 24, 2022
Min Salary: $36.47/Hour
Max Salary: $45.59/Hour
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
Asset management is one of the most dynamic and evolving business areas within the organization. As the City matures its asset management practices there will be significant opportunities for professional growth and development while you help ensure a coordinated, consistent and sustainable approach to optimizing infrastructure investment planning and decision making across diverse asset groups.
If you are passionate about public infrastructure, want to make a difference in your community, and you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, this is for you!
The City of Airdrie is currently recruiting for two (2) Asset Management Specialists (AMS). The positions are 18-month term roles and will support the Water Services department, Roads Operations, and/or Building portfolio for the City. There is the possibility of a temporary AMS position leading to a permanent role within the Asset Management team in the near future.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Asset Management the AMS is responsible for supporting the divisions in identifying and implementing improved processes related to sustainable service delivery, lifecycle management, long range budget planning and maintenance management.
The specialist will work directly with vertical and horizontal asset data and information and will actively apply technology, tools and asset management leading practices to support information informed planning and decision making on the infrastructure portfolio for each division.
The position requires a general understanding of the workings and needs of the City as it relates to Water Services, Roads Operations, and/or City Buildings within the context of operations, repair and maintenance practices.
Primary Accountabilities Include:
- Responsible for the accuracy, integrity and quality of asset information within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS/Cityworks) and the GIS environment (which may involve data collection, data correction or data updates)
- Aligns all work with best practices for Asset Management, work order management, maintenance management, service levels and lifecycle management
- Tracks existing assets, addition of new assets including the performance tracking for operations and maintenance (O&M) activities
- Develops and implements standardized business processes, workflows, reporting structures including system configurations
- Collaborates with operational staff to identify the types of maintenance activities required for various asset classes
- Coordinates with operational staff to update work plans, preventive maintenance schedules, asset information, work order updates, as needed
- Adept at compiling, analyzing, interpreting and reporting asset management data as the foundation for lifecycle planning and decision-making
- Generates web maps, dashboards and visual aids for analysis and reporting, analyses data and develops quality control procedures to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness of data; formats data records and/or facilitates the transfer of files into the GIS database
- Collaborates with GIS and Application support to improve the database interface and overall system performance
- Provides support and training to CMMS/Cityworks users; collaborates with end users on system and business process enhancements to improve service delivery
- Works with Finance to support Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) reporting requirements
- Other duties as the position evolves
- Degree or diploma in Business, Engineering, IT, GIS or similar
- 3 to 5 years of increasing responsibility working with asset data and information within an ArcGIS environment (ArcGIS Portal, Online, and Mobile Applications)
- Experience working with Cityworks or other CMMS systems as an advanced user who has full knowledge of software functionality and business processes
- Awareness of and aptitude for applying the international standards for asset management practices including IIMM, ISO 55000, 55001 to any type of infrastructure such as water, roads, parks and facilities is highly desirable
- Direct experience with day-to-day operations and field staff performing all aspects of infrastructure operations, maintenance and management is preferred
- Working knowledge of Water Services (distribution, drainage, sanitary) is preferred
- Working knowledge of Roads operations is preferred
- Working knowledge of Building/Facility operations is preferred
- Familiarity with municipal government operations is preferred
- Growth and entrepreneurial mindset with an appetite for influencing and leading change
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Proactive communication skills with a proven ability to successfully problem solve
- Committed team player with a strong service and excellent relationship building skills
- Business and process optimization
- Highly organized, with demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively
- Adapt well in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to interact effectively at all staff levels and to develop effective working relationships
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, this position includes:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
These full time (37.5 hours per week) terms (18 months) include a comprehensive benefits package.
The City of Airdrie has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Policy. The City of Airdrie is committed to taking every precaution reasonable for the protection of the health and safety of our employees and citizens. Successful candidates will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status and adhere to the COVID-19 Vaccination and Rapid Testing Policy.
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca.