Application Support Analyst
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the Application Support Analyst is responsible to build and maintain excellent working relationships with end users and Managers, in order to provide excellent customer support of the City’s software applications. This includes tasks such as providing daily support to end users, developing and maintaining integrations between software applications, developing reports and data extracts as required, administering the SQL environment for the software applications, and working strategically with end-users to understand their data output requirements and ensure the software is meeting their expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become an expert IT resource in the City software applications, and serve as the main point of contact while effectively and cooperatively providing superior software support to end users.
- Prioritize, research and accurately resolve complex end user inquiries and problems in a timely manner while meeting or exceeding standard service level.
- Monitor and respond to user-reported issues as well as infrastructure alerts promptly and professionally.
- Accurately track and log issues from start to resolution through an IT ticket management system.
- Collaborate with IT Team members to solve deeper and more complex application or technical issues.
- Maintain or create permission groups/roles in the software applications to ensure permissions meet the needs of the departments.
- Provide support, knowledge transfer, and training to Business units in Office 365 applications including Sharepoint Online.
- Coordinating and schedule updates to software applications to ensure they are kept current on maintenance levels.
- Create database queries using T-SQL.
- Create custom reports using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Smartlists and Microsoft Excel
- Coordinate with the subject matter experts within the business units to maximize the benefit and use of the software applications including knowledge transfer and training to the end users on application functionality.
- Ability to take the lead and project manage the implementation of new modules or small scale applications; coordinating with the relevant stakeholders and setting appropriate timelines
- Assist in performance tuning of software applications and databases.
- Review processes for new installations, upgrades and migrations and implement changes for continuous improvement.
- Assist in database server maintenance and administration in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Assist in maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server database backups
- Conduct application testing, including building test scripts and collecting and summarizing testing data.
- Create and maintain documentation for areas of responsibility.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with end users and Managers in order to provide superior customer service and support.
- Is aware of strengths and compensates for weakness and limitations.
- Provides insightful and constructive feedback.
- Maintains two-way dialogue regarding work completion and results.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Cross train with other team members and provide support to fill in gaps as needed with the Information Technology team.
- Demonstrates accountability and integrity in own actions.
- Contributes to an environment that fosters quality improvement and a culture of safety, dignity and respect for staff.
- Able to communicate technical solutions in professional user-friendly language
- Develop and maintain positive relations City wide.
- Be a catalyst for the City and maintain positive working relationships with various vendors to resolve software issues.
Success in this position will be maximized by a candidate who has proven knowledge and skills acquired through a combination of education and practical experience in a technology capacity, preferably in a municipal environment.
Specific requirements of this position are:
- Post-Secondary degree or 2-year diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or other related discipline from a recognized institution is required
- 4-6 years related experience in the following areas:
- installing, configuring, and supporting critical business applications in a Windows environment.
- Administering, configuring, supporting Microsoft SQL Server
- Administering, configuring, supporting Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with programming/scripting languages and willingness/ability to learn.
- Experience building reports based on business requirements.
- Experience in administering Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Excellent presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide training to end users.
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem with the ability to analyze situations/problems systematically and deliver effective right-sized solutions in a timely manner.
- Possess an inherent passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Customer centric approach; focused on providing a positive user experience and outstanding service to staff.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple projects with varying schedules.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position will be required to operate a personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application.
Closing Date: December 7, 2021
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
HR Generalist, Employee Relations
City of Lloydminster
Lloydminster AB/SK T9V 0W2