Abilities Management & Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Advisor
People who visit and live in Okotoks often comment on how beautiful the scenery is – the mountain views are majestic and the Sheep River valley is at the heart of where we play. They love that Okotoks is just 15 minutes south of Calgary and a short drive to Kananaskis Country. Okotoks has gained a reputation as an award-winning community, recognized nationally for our commitment to sustainability and to organizational excellence. With annexation complete, the community will grow substantially over the next 60 years. These are exciting times for Okotoks as we envision and plan for our future, while we remain committed to maintaining the enviable lifestyle our residents enjoy
The Town of Okotoks is a progressive organization; offering a challenging and dynamic work environment where collaboration, open communication, frequent exchange of ideas and teamwork across different business centres assists us in providing exceptional customer service.
The Town of Okotoks fosters a culture of shared accountability through our collaboratively developed “Habits of Execution” which empowers employees to focus on organizational outcomes and supports a high performance culture. We have a strong focus on health and safety, and strive for a culture of wellness, inclusion and organizational effectiveness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Abilities Management & Occupational Health & Safety Advisor (AM & OH&S Adviser) to join our People & Organizational Effectiveness team. The AM & OH&S Adviser is responsible for creating, implementing, maintaining, reviewing, improving upon and administering the corporate ability management, attendance management, safety management, and wellness programs. This includes program creation, policies, procedures, practices and initiatives to comply with legislation and best practices, including inspections and annual audit.
Reporting to the People & Organizational Effectiveness Manager, the AM & OH&S Adviser is responsible for:
- Design, build and oversee an effective ability management (AM) program for the organization;
- Act as the AM subject matter expert, promote awareness, provide training and guidance, investigating and facilitating resolutions to issues;
- Act as liaison between all parties to ensure processes run efficiently;
- Work collaboratively with employees, leaders, suppliers and POE/HR Team to facilitate AM processes;
- Design and implement an attendance management program;
- Support attendance management initiatives;
- Act as subject matter expert for the organization on OH&S;
- Ensure requirements to maintain corporate Certificate of Recognition (COR) and partners in injury reduction are maintained including an annual action plan;
- Annually conduct audits internally or externally for other jurisdictions as a peer auditor;
- Monitor and review all incidents for trends to determine root causes;
- Responsible for planning, designing, implementing, administering, and evaluating a comprehensive wellness program for employees;
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
What You Bring
- Degree in related field or related field;
- Completion or enrollment in Health & Safety certification (CRSP) or certification as an AMHSA auditor is an asset;
- Equivalency of education and experience may be considered;
- 5 or more years related work experience representing continuous learning and career progression, including 1 year experience in indirect supervision and/or leadership/mentorship;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefit and pension plans
- Career development
- So much more!
Candidates who progress to final stages of the recruitment process will be required to provide proof of education and designation along with a favorable criminal record check and possibly a driver’s abstract depending on the position.
How to Apply:
Applications are invited to submit a resume online through our career section: www.okotoks.ca
Postings close at midnight on the closing date listed below. We will not be able to accept late applications.
The Town of Okotoks is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.