Regional Fire Chief
Clearwater Regional Fire Rescue Services (CRFRS) is a composite fire service providing a robust service level that includes fire suppression, fire prevention and inspections, rescue operations and medical first response.
CRFRS’ Fire Chief leads a regional fire service for the communities of Clearwater County, the Town of Rocky Mountain House and the Village of Caroline with five paid-on-call fire stations.
This senior manager is responsible for long-range planning and administration of fire service operations with direct reports including full-time Deputy Chief, Operations and Deputy Chief, Support Services and Prevention. This position works collaboratively as part of Clearwater County’s Emergency & Legislatives Services department an in accordance with legislation, County bylaws and policies along with CRFRS standard operating guidelines.
- Business and political acumen
- Strategic planning including Fire Service Master Plan actions and updates
- Set the example, encourage feedback and promote a work culture that is collaborative, respectful and professional
- Ensures effective recruitment, training and management of all CRFRS personnel
- 10+ years progressive supervisory and leadership positions in a municipal fire department
- Previous leadership experience in a paid on call / composite fire service [asset]
- NFPA credentials in support of Senior Officer level
- Alberta Safety Codes Officer Level 2 Inspector and Level 2 Investigator
- Degree in public safety, fire administration or related field, or equivalent [asset]
- ICS 400 [preferred]
- Clean Drivers’ Abstract [Class 3 with Air Brake]
- Clean Criminal Record check including Vulnerable Sector
- Possess physical and mental agility and stamina to perform all functions required
- Member in good standing with a fire service organization [e.g. AFCA]
- Management skills in strategic planning, organization, interpersonal, problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, listening, presentation and written
The successful candidate must be willing to live within the boundaries of Clearwater County.
Our staff values are accountability, integrity, service, community and communication. Learn more about our values on our website: www.clearwatercounty.ca/careers.
Clearwater County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please provide a cover letter, detailed resume including credentials supporting your qualifications and the names of 3 references as well as your hiring salary requirements and your availability.
Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on January 31, 2022.
This position may remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.