The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for a Procurement Officer. This position will be responsible for leading and mentoring organization stakeholders through all procurement undertakings. Providing technical expertise, analysis, and business advisory services related to procurement activities and to act as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with department stakeholders for the purchase of general and specialized equipment, materials, contracted services, construction projects, land acquisition, and land access rights.
- Assess requirements of and develop specifications for equipment, materials, and supplies and construction to be purchased.
- Collaborate with department stakeholders to manage the full procurement process including tenders, proposals and quotes, the development of evaluation criteria and managing the evaluation process, adhering to legislation and trade agreements.
- Respond to proponent questions and debrief unsuccessful proponents as required.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions and recommend contract awards.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and leadership to organization staff relating to procurement policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Partner with corporate process owners and department stakeholders to ensure internal controls are in place, documented and are in alignment with corporate control objectives, legislation, and trade agreements.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of municipal department programs and projects.
- Analyze current purchasing patterns to identify opportunities for contracted suppliers of regularly utilized goods and services to improve efficiency and to maximize municipal resources.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the existing procurement processes and recommend improvements.
- A degree or diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or a related field is required. Supply Chain Management credential such as Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) designation or a Certified Procurement Manager certificate is preferred.
- Completion of or working towards certification in public governance, such as a National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) certificate will be considered an asset.
- 7 years of progressive experience in the procurement field, with a minimum of 2 years in a senior officer role.
- Experience working in a public sector environment is required, preferably municipal government.
- Must have practical knowledge of Trade Agreements, including TILMA, NWPTA, and CETA.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills required with the ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to recognize procurement opportunities to leverage for the organization.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license in good standing.
Please visit md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: October 20, 2023