Executive Assistant, Finance and Administrative Services
Executive Assistant, Finance and Administrative Services.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Assistant, Finance and Administrative Services is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Finance team. The Executive Assistant schedules meetings/events and related travel as well as manages records and drafts correspondence and communications, for the Finance team. The Executive Assistant is the key liaison with the property management company, logging building maintenance tickets and provides back-up support for reception. In addition to maintaining the role and responsibilities of Executive Assistant, Finance, the Administrative Services oversees and implements administrative procedures, establishes work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinates acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services.
Practical / Technical Knowledge
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline. is an asset.
- 4+ years broad experience in an administrative role and/or office management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
Planning, Organizing and Integrating
- Highly organized, detail-oriented team player with a positive and get it done attitude, that follows through with their commitments.
- Exceptional customer focus with strong professional acumen and strong project and time management skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to office administration and the ability to develop and implement processes that have the potential to provide superior staff and member experience.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment while delivering internal and external compliance requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines and work concurrently on a variety of projects.
Communicating and Influencing Skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments and key business partners.
- Ability to deal appropriately with difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) for developing effective work relationships with senior management, staff, service providers and members.
- Finance Microsoft Superuser – Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Review all Finance generated documents, reports, and correspondence for format, content, grammar, and spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Work with CFO on collection of agenda materials, and forward board recommendations/information for the Audit & Finance and Investment Advisory Committees to Governance.
- Maintain contract filing and contract tracking system, and further develop contract management process.
- Meeting coordination, effectively build agendas, alternate in take minutes/notes for Executive Assistant meetings, discuss and carry out decisions for the interoffice coordination of administrative duties.
- Maintain CFO Outlook calendar and assist with scheduling for the CFO and Senior staff.
- Create expense claims for the CFO and Senior Directors reporting to the CFO.
- Filing for the CFO and Senior staff.
- Maintain finance contacts list, team staff vacation calendar, and update manual for position.
- Provide oversight and support to the Office Administrator.
- Contribute to office efficiency by proactively assessing and solving pain points that affect service, efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure office environment is safe, secure, clean and well maintained.
- Participate as Chair of Safety and Wellness committee representing the Finance area. Act as the fire Marshall for the Finance area.
- Coordinate ergonomic assessments for staff, and coordinate orders and installs for recommended equipment, and maintain tracking for same.
- Maintain organization of the finance documents and folders on SharePoint.
- Prepare monthly MasterCard reconciliations made by the finance department.
- Oversee Petty Cash and Social Club Funds and assist with reconciliations.
- Process new membership applications, track membership terminations, maintain membership system and coordinate website updates, and prepare and deploy yearly renewals.
- Assist with preparation of materials for annual Audit.
- Process Board expenses for payroll, and documenting attendance and submission tracking.
- Assist with yearly convention planning and execution, on-site registration coordination, and other duties as required.
- Maintain positive working relationship and frequent communication with Building Operator and Property Manager regarding maintenance issues, leasing, and capital projects.
- Facilitate and track Property Management meetings.
- Source appropriate vendors for building projects and services, and track progress.
- Negotiate annual agreement pricing with hotel and rental vehicle vendors, look for opportunities to negotiate other corporate contracts and rates on behalf of the company.
- Verify, match and code invoices for any orders placed by yourself.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]