Executive Assistant, Chief Executive Officer
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO Office. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. Must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Practical / Technical Knowledge
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development.
- Post-Secondary training in Office Administration would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at an Executive Assistant level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Experience with SharePoint, Synergy and/or Convene is desirable.
Planning, Organizing, and Integrating
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision- making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Assume initiative, comply with deadlines, and to work concurrently on a variety of tasks.
- Positive, poised, and professional working style.
Communicating and Influencing Skills
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills for preparing and editing business correspondence and documents.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Meeting coordination, including the collection of Executive agenda materials and taking minutes,
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President, CEO and Senior Director of Human Resources, including:
- managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
- completing expense and p-Card expense reports
- composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Coordinate CEO schedule, book meetings with external Executives, and associated equipment and catering requirements and provide meeting materials.
- Send out email correspondence on behalf of the President and CEO after proof reading email and /or documents and testing hyperlinks, if applicable.
- Ensure all applicable communication is tracked to member accounts in the CRM system.
- Work with the Senior Director, Human Resources to maintain the company Organizational Chart and publish to SharePoint.
- Maintain company seating plan and publish to SharePoint.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Scan and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence and files electronically.
- Maintain member and stakeholder phone numbers, emails, mail outs, etc.
- Perform other duties as required or requested.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]