Asset Management Specialist - GIS - Term (12 Months)
Asset Management Specialist - GIS - Term (12 Months)
Position ID: J0722-0918
Job Type: Full time – term
Department: Asset Management
Number Of Positions: 1
Min Salary: $71,116.00/Year
Max Salary: $88,900.00/Year
Closing Date: Aug 19, 2022
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
Asset management is one of the most dynamic and evolving business areas within the organization. As the City advances its asset management practices there will be significant opportunities for professional growth and development while you help ensure a coordinated, consistent, and sustainable approach to optimizing operational service delivery and maintenance management activities across diverse asset groups.
If you are passionate about public infrastructure, want to make a difference in the community, and you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment, this is for you!
The City of Airdrie is currently recruiting for one (1) Asset Management Specialist – GIS. The position is a 12-month term role and will support the operational service delivery and maintenance management needs of the Parks & Public Works portfolio including GIS support.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Asset Management the Asset Management Specialist – GIS is responsible for supporting the divisions in identifying and implementing improved processes related to sustainable service delivery, maintenance management, and lifecycle management.
The specialist will work directly with linear asset data and information related to roads and parks infrastructure and will actively apply technology and tools to support information informed planning and decision making on the infrastructure portfolio for each division.
The position requires a general understanding of the workings and needs of the City as it relates to Roads and Parks service delivery within the context of operations, repair, and maintenance management practices.
Primary Accountabilities Include:
- Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and quality of asset information within the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS/Cityworks) and the GIS environment
- Directly supports data collection, data validation, data correction and/or data updates
- Formats data records and/or facilitates the transfer of files into the GIS database
- Aligns all work with best practices for work order management, maintenance management, and lifecycle management
- Tracks existing assets, addition of new assets including the performance tracking for operations and maintenance (O&M) activities
- Collaborates on the development and implementation of standardized business processes, workflows, reporting structures, and system configurations
- Coordinates with operational staff to update work plans, preventive maintenance schedules, asset information, work order updates, as needed
- Adept at compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting asset data and information as the foundation for lifecycle planning and decision-making
- Supports the development of web maps, dashboards and visual aids for analysis and reporting
- Collaborates on the development and implementation of quality control procedures for asset data to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness of information
- Collaborates with GIS and Application support to improve the database interface and overall system performance
- Provides support and training to CMMS/Cityworks users; collaborates with end users on system and business process enhancements to improve service delivery
- Supports Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) reporting requirements
- Other duties as the position evolves
- Degree or diploma in Business, Engineering, IT, GIS or similar
- 2 to 3 years of increasing responsibility working directly with asset data and information within an ArcGIS environment (ArcGIS Portal, Online, and Mobile Applications)
- Experience working with Cityworks or other CMMS systems as an advanced user who has full knowledge of software functionality and business processes
- High attention to detail and a passion for data and information quality
- Growth and entrepreneurial mindset with an appetite for influencing and leading change
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proactive communicator with a proven ability to successfully problem solve
- Committed team player with a strong service orientation and excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to interact effectively at all staff levels and to develop effective working relationships
- Direct experience with day-to-day operations and field staff performing all aspects of infrastructure operations and maintenance management, is preferred
- Working knowledge of Roads operations, is preferred
- Working knowledge of Parks operations, is preferred
- Familiarity with municipal government operations, is preferred
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, this position includes:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events, and health & wellness initiatives.
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This full time (37.5 hours per week) term (12 months) includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates are invited to apply online https://www.airdrie.ca/.
Postings close at 9 p.m. on the closing date listed in the posting. We recommend applying as soon as possible as we are not able to accept late applications.
Please review the job competition carefully and be sure to attach any specifically requested documentation in the My Documents section of your application.
Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Airdrie.