Administrative Assistant - Legislative, Community & AG Services
Reporting to the Director of Legislative/Community and AG Services, this position provides a variety of confidential administrative, clerical and secretarial support to the Director of the department. Schedules appointments and makes meeting and travel arrangements; serves as receptionist for the department and deals with public inquiries and concerns as appropriate; provides the public with advice information and guidance relevant to the department’s focus; processes incoming and outgoing mail; transcribes or types material from written or verbal sources; may prepare and distribute meeting agendas; may serve as recording secretary for designated meetings; maintains and updates records, projects and files.
- Develops and maintains correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes and confidential material for the Director and the department.
- Ensures the Director Legislative/Community and AG Services is provided with sufficient information related to on-going projects. Ensures the appropriate records are prepared, published, and retained.
- Prepares agendas, information packages, meeting minutes and distributes materials accordingly.
- Acts as the recording secretary for certain appeal boards or committees as requested.
- Maintains the County’s official Bylaw and Policy/Procedure listing and directory.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent combined with post-secondary training in Office Administration – with a verifiable certification from a College or Vocational Training Institution.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience, preferably in a municipal setting, in a confidential capacity at senior or administrative assistant level;
- Demonstrated organizational ability and composure to work within specific timeframes, in a fast-paced climate;
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy, tact and discretion in dealing with requests, complaints and clarification of information;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written, communication skills. With the ability to work with the public and staff at all levels with the County with minimal supervision in a multiple task environment; and
- High degree of competency in using computers in the technical areas of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software.
Submissions will be received until Noon Friday December 10, 2021. All applications are to be marked “confidential” and will be received in confidence. Submit resumes, Attention Human Resources, in one of the following ways:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to (403)335-9207
- Mail to Mountain View County. 1408 Township Road - PO Bag 100,Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Note: For a detailed Position Description please contact Human Resources directly at 403-335-3311 ext 153 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all candidates; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.